Below are some more quotes on grief. If you have just entered this site there is also another page of grief quotes here. I started with that page and am adding a few more here.
"Tears are the silent language of grief." - Voltaire
"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love." - Washington Irving
"He that conceals his grief finds no remedy for it." - Turkish Proverb
"While grief is fresh, every attempt to divert only irritates. You must wait till it be digested, and then amusement will dissipate the remains of it." - Samuel Johnson
"When a person is born we rejoice, and when they're married we jubilate, but when they die we try to pretend nothing has happened." - Margaret Mead
Bereavement Quotes Reflection
If you are working on a grief journal or a scrapbook of your grief journey, you might find some of these quotes to be helpful springboards for your own writing.
1. Pick a quote. One that you like seems to be the most obvious choice, but you also might find it helpful to write about a quote that you feel yourself wanting to push away from.
2. Write about what you find meaningful in the quote. How does it fit with your own journey and learning?
3. Write about what you resist in the quote. What makes it hard to live with?
4. What invitation do you feel in the quote?
5. What do you need in your life to live into the invitation?
Other articles related to grief:
7 Stages of Grief
Kubler-Ross Stages of Grief
Recovery from Grief and Loss